Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why! Why! Why!

Why would someone bring two 3-5 yr old kids to I Am Legend when I am watching it on my birthday? Why would someone do that to me when I turn 31? Why would they want the children to see zombies with me in a theater and kick my seat? These are the questions I ponder as I drink my birthday bottle of wine and watch Days and BB. Me and Amy went to see the movie and I almost flipped my lid on this family who would not shut their kids up. DO NOT BRING KIDS TO A PG-13 or R rated movie!!! There are movies that are made for that age!!! I tried to make verbal and behavioral cues to give them a taste of my disgust but they were not getting it. The kids would not making stop making comments and the parents were cursing at their kids!! I did not like either of these things. Amy was sensing my OCD and hearing my whispered cursings so she prompted me and we moved to a seat further up front away from the nonsense. I made sure to flip my chair in annoyance. So to any parents who are reading this-if you desperately want to see a movie that is adult oriented or scary-get a babysitter or wait to see it until you can get a babysitter!! Thank you!!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I would say that the experience you described is what I endure about 50% of the time I go to the movies. So, I see about 2 or 3 movies per year in the theaters. I like that you flipped your chair up at them in disgust. I'm gonna use that.

I end up sitting there until I'm so angry that I start to fear a little bit for the person kicking my chair. Like, what IF I have telekinesis? You never know...

It's teenagers I dislike the most.

*grumblegrumbleshakeshisfist*

Oh and a belated happy birthday to you...

D B R said...

You and Ms. D.Meanor REALLY need to get together on this one. Perhaps you both could start a revolution, shaming parents and stemming the tide of unnecessary reproduction.

Then again, parents don't actually think in those terms. Instead, they get angry at you. How dare you notice their half-assed parenting style. Don't you know they're just CHILDREN?!

I do have one suggestion for future encounters. Hot, heaving, meaty, burly flatulence. Oh yes. I use this tactic all the time when at the grocery store. The loud and/or unruly children get that frightened Cambodian look and cling to their mother's side. Works like a charm.