Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Vampire Seeker

I have recently become fixated on vampires lately. I am watching Moonlight on CBS on Friday nights to start off with. Now I am reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and after that is done I will be reading the 4th Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novel Bloody Bones. Some people do not get the eroticism that comes from either a good vampire movie, show, or book. I love vampires and would love to be immortal. However, this will not happen. I am not a big fan of blood so I would be an anorexic vampire-not too attractive for luring in victims. The guy on Moonlight just has a connection at a blood bank but again-still anorexic. The thing I love most about the vampire is the struggle to love one and not turn them into the monster they are and occasionally loathe. I also love the good vs. bad vampire brothers both in love with the same woman. Those are always really good! I also love when the female vampire is evil and turns the innocent man who struggles with his immortality. Just some thoughts but if any of you want some good rec's on vampire lore-let me know! And yes, this is way past due since Halloween was two weeks ago!

1 comment:

D B R said...

UGH! I'm not a big fan of blood either. The worst is when you can see it gushing, spurting out in time with the body's pulse. Aker and I saw some Joan of Arc movie once that was a realistic blood bath ... I freaked out!! Makes me squeemish just thinkin' about it.

As far as immortality goes, alas, our flesh is destined to expire. But there is hope. I'm reminded of an old samurai proverb which states: "A man will only live as long as his life allows, but his name can last forever." In essence, life is fleeting, but what we do with that life can be remembered long after we're gone. Romantic, I know, but true.