Sunday, August 12, 2007

Reconnecting & Lusting in Church

I travelled down to Adams County yesterday for my sister's bday dinner at my mom's. Dinner was fine and after everyone left I went to see my old friends Beth and Gary. I have known Gary since junior high and Beth since they started dating. The great thing was that even though it has been several years, it was easy to reconnect and it did not feel like that much time had passed-except seeing their kids who used to be babies. I also met their friend Gerry who was a lot of fun as well. We went on a beer run since the county is dry-who does that? We got back and the four of us played this drinking game called drug dealer. It was slightly difficult at first because me and Gerry had never played and could not get the whole when to wink thing down. Add in alcohol and we looked like we all had Tourette's! I was up late and had a great time-plus making new friends is always fun!

Now we come to the next morning when I was abruptly awakened by my mother at 7:30. She dragged me to this church thing because my brother in law had helped build it and there was going to be a dedication. Plus my uncle goes there as well. Anyways, if any of you have seen the movie "Saved," that is the church I walked into. The only salvation was that there was a lot of eye candy, especially the piano player/singer. There were people with their arms raised in their air and I was like-I need to get out of here! I kept nudging my mother to let her know how annoyed I was that she drug me to this. Plus the dedication was only like 2 minutes! And I had to stay and listen to mass hysteria! So I daydreamed...

I imagined going up to the piano player after the service and, in the spirit of "Saved", pretending that I wanted to know more about the faith so that I could find out if we played on the same team and also to get privately seranaded along with phone number etc.-back to the making new friends piece LOL! I also counted the number of people I would do and took my mind away from the craziness. It helped a lot!

They also did a communion which I thought only Catholics did but who knows. I took some "blood" because I thought it may be wine but it was just grape juice. Ripped off again! Anyways, the prison sentence finally ended and we made a beeline for the car! Went back to my mom's, had some leftover's, and headed back up here to face laundry, Paris and Jason, and catch up on my TV!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It doesn't surprise me that you would take communion only because you thought you would get to drink wine! You kill me.

Anonymous said...

That's why you don't spend the night there! I thought you learned that lesson already!!!