Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wine & Family Therapy at B&N



It has certainly been a whirlwind weekend so far-and it's not over yet! Friday was the end of a rather crazy week for me. I met up with my niece Brandi, her boyfriend Corey, and their friends Wendy and Jared at Bravo's. Due to the mega wait we went to Barnes and Noble to hang out and wait to be buzzed. Unintentionally, me and Brandi ended up deviating from the group and found ourselves in the CD section sitting by the listening stations and dissesting our family dynamics. It was great to catch up with her and chat it up. Thanks B&N for providing a therapeutic background! Dinner was great, as was the liquid therapy (wine, martini). After that I was going to head home but ended up going to Gerry's new apartment to meet his friends. Sadly, he gave me cranked directions, I got lost, and then my cell phone died. I found the apartments and tried various ways to get the attention of wherever he may live (honked horn, flashed lights, etc.) I was about to give up but went to the newly hired security guard who was unable to help me. Thankfully at that time he came driving by with his friend and we went to Kroger's for more liquid therapy. After that we hung out and chatted in the "Serenity Garden" and drank some champagne. Had a great time, got home late and quickly went to sleep, which was well needed let me tell ya!
Saturday morning led to crazy workout class and dog park with Paris. She cracks me up because she is always so hesitant then goes wild running after the dogs. I feel sorry for her because she can never keep up with them. Anyways, Jay and Mike stopped by and we got a chance to catch up. Then after some laundry and cleaning, Beth and Gary made a quick suprise stop in to see where we live and to say hey. Unfortunately they got here right around the "we have to get showers, get dressed and get out of here for next event" time of the day. It was great to see them in my neck of the woods!

Me and Jason headed off to Colerain and met up with the aforementioned crew from Bravo's. We went to a place called Vinoklet, which was basically a winery you could eat at. We all sampled wine-including Jason, and we ended up with three bottles of three different wines. The next part of this experience was cooking our own food on this big grill. That was an experience as we almost had grilled digital camera-kudos to Jared for making the save! We enjoyed dinner and then walked around the winery snapping some pictures and laughing at Brandi as she pretended to be Julie Andrews from the Sound of Music coming down the hill. Great times were had by all and I highly recommended trying this place out if you like wine and are looking for a different dining experience.

No comments: