Thursday, September 13, 2007

Paris's Infection

We had to take Paris to the vet today as she has an infected foot. Here is the rundown of how all this went. She went to daycare on Tuesday and when I got home she stayed on the recliner all night. In the middle of the night I heard her and got up to find she had peed on the floor. While I cleaned that up I did not notice her going into the bedroom and getting on the bed. We try to go to sleep but she jumps down and I think she has to go outside to poop. I take her out but she is resistant. It is 1 AM and I am not a happy camper. I basically had to drag her back inside. I put her in the garage in case she needed to poop and because it was cool outside and I needed some sleep. When I got up the next morning and let her in she limped in! I freaked out thinking I had hurt her in the middle of the night and started crying. Jason came home and stated that he thought her foot was in pain just from the daycare flooring-which is where her paws usually get pink. Anyways, long story short (too late!) (that's from Clue!) the next day it got worse. I left work early today and went to the vet. She had a pussy knot on her foot and she had to get X-rays. Meanwhile Jason was lusting after the doctor who was quite OG! The verdict-she has interdigital soft tissue swelling and is on steroids and some other medication. Hopefully she will be back to new within a few weeks! And I can't believe I just wrote this much about a dog! She's my baby!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

so what is a pussy knot?

Anonymous said...

THought you had that poor dog fixed? How did her pussy get knotted on her foot? Were you touching the "soft spot" again?

Anonymous said...

poor paris...what a caring parent!! Ah, the sacrifices we make for our kids...
--dorine