Sunday, September 30, 2007

Salt Lake City-Hot Men and Easy Navigation!


The title says it all! I loved Salt Lake City for it's 1 in 3 ratio of hot men, Mormons too! And I also loved the fact that I could navigate the city so easily with it's numbered streets that went in accordance to the Temple Square a.k.a. Mormon Central. Our first day was spent adjusting to the not so great hotel room with the 1960's radio in it and walking downtown to the conference center where Jason's conference was being held. As we walked we came upon an intersection where two taco stands were on opposite corners. THE FOLLOWING IS NOT PC-BUT FUNNY!
I came up with an alternate reality for the taco stands. The Miguel and Lopez families had been in a bitter taco stand rivalry for years! There was another taco stand a block away and this was the Fitzgerald family who were from the wrong side of the tracks. We ran into the naughty daughter Carlita at a restaurant and determined she was sleeping with the other family's son. It was quite a scandal! Anyways, after realizing the walking was going to kill us we got a rental car and toured the city. That night we went to Trolley Square which was a lame shopping center.

I did like this city in that almost everywhere you looked there were mountains. It was nice. The second day I went to lunch at this place called Red Rock Brewery which was awesome (I ate there twice on the trip.) After that I went to check out an erotic bakery called Madam and Steve. I bought some brownies for me and Jason for later which were iced with sexual positions. Quite interesting! I then got bored and headed to the bar closest to our hotel which was called Try-angles. Get it!? The beer was cheap there and I hung out talking to some 52 yr. old guy. Which brings me to Utah's insane liqour laws. If you go to a privately owned bar or restaurant where they serve liqour, you have to become a member for 4 dollars or they will not serve you. Thankfully I only had to deal with that insanity twice! Me and Jason had dinner at the Melting Pot that night since it was restaurant week in Salt Lake. After that we went and saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform. It was an OK event. The songs towards the end were more entertaining than the first ones.

Friday I went on a tour to the Great Salt Lake and Kennecott Cooper Mine. It was fun and there were two other couples from Ohio on the trip. The lake was full of history and I did pay attention to this part and I did learn some things contrary to some people's beliefs that I don't like to learn! We saw brine shrimp (sea monkeys) and went to a place called Saltair which was the place to be in old Salt Lake City. After that we went to see the copper mine which was quite a sight to see. It reminded me of "North Country." After that I met up with Jason and we had dinner at a nice Italian place where I got to have a drink called Moulin Rouge. I was so excited, only to be disappointed when I found out that the drink sucked ass! We went to the bar I had been at the day before and met the "bear" club members and got an application-for educational purposes of course! It was a fun night overall. The next day we headed out after lunch and got back to Dayton way late since we got delayed in Denver. We met a guy named David on the plane who was from Atlanta. He was nice and we chatted the whole flight. Once home and after eating Taco Hell, Jason went to bed and I stayed up to begin watching all the DVR'ed shows. I didn't get far before I was out on the recliner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about everything in Salt Lake City. I loved Tryangles. I had the most fun there. Picked up a hot Mormon boy. LOL

Did you make it to the outdoor mall? I spent a few hot days there on break from my conference.