Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Prize Winner" is Golden


Loved this movie! It made me cry and hit me hard based on some of it's themes. Basic premise is a 1950's mother struggles to keep her family together by writing jingles. Father is a louse and drinks and has outbursts. I am big on movies that are visually appealing and this movie had it. It is also based on a true story which made it even more powerful. Two of the ten kids live in Ohio, one still in Defiance and the other in Cleveland-how ironic considering what's going on with that situation. It impacted me hard because my mother never got to do much and once she divorced my dad, it was just her raising me and my second oldest brother. She made sacrifices to ensure that we were taken care of and the end just really got to me. Also, Julianne Moore does a great job in this movie! I highly recommend! A+

No comments: