Sunday, July 22, 2007

"State of Mind," A Lifetime Delight

Finally! A show about counselors! I've been waiting for this since every other profession has had a show about itself. So initially I was concerned about this show being on Lifetime-you all know how I feel about this channel! But lately the network has been having more bolder, less weepy melodramatic shows. The intro episode followed Dr. Ann Bellows finding out her husband was cheating on her with their couple's counselor and a side plot I was not too involved in. A potential love interest was identified with the new lawyer tenant moving in. They should let me be a writer for this show! Anyways, there were frequent uses of slang male anatomy words that I was surprised they aired. My favorite line was when she was with a couple who were not seeing eye to eye-"If I had to live with either of you I would cut my throat!" She then went into a semi but amusing dialogue that provided her insight and helped the couple. Lifetime likes the happy endings! Anyways, I like the show, will keep watching and recommend.

No comments: