Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Transform"ed Into Adolescence

So here is my review of Transformers. First of all, visually stimulating and exciting. Secondly, Shia Lebouf got on my freaking nerves! Mostly during the search the house scene. The dialogue was very juvenile at times but I needed to remind myself-this is a movie about vehicles from another world. At times I found myself chuckling over some of the "witty" lines that most of the prepubescent male crowd found hilarious. When I see an action flick I don't like the silly dynamics and jokes about how crazy things are in the movie. Give me action! Anyways-my favorite part was when one of the Autobots made a comment about lubrication. I was the only person laughing-but it was funny. I give this movie a B+ mostly due to the dialogue that obviously was geared towards the male juvenile crowd who swoon when Optimus changes into his robot self. I'm waiting for the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween.

1 comment:

D B R said...

Dude, my cousin saw this movie and told me Optimus Prime has lips. What?! And the main (human) character isn't named Spike.

Y'all better step back, cuz I'm about to GEEK OUT on Spielburg.