Sunday, July 29, 2007

Stray Dog Adventure

So I tried to do a good deed today and it blew up in my face. There has been a brown golden retriever without tags running around lately. In an attempt to help it out I decided to slightly befriend it. I was apprehensive at first, especially when it barked at me upon sight. However, I was directed by the police to call the sheriff. I did and waited, and waited. What I learned from this debacle is never call the sheriff for a dog issue. I followed the dog around some yards and lured it to my house with dog treats. Once I felt like it wasn't going to bite me, I got it some water and started feeding it dog food. Well, Jason left for the gym and I managed to get it in the garage where I thought it could reside until sheriff came, which I hoped would be before Jason got home from the gym. Didn't happen. Jason got home and opened the garage door. It ran and Jason discovered it had chewed on the siding around the garage door. He was not happy. So my good deed turned into crap. I felt sorry for the dog-it's nails were so long and it had a big mark on it's leg. I hope it gets to a safe place soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My suggestion if you see the dog again contact someone in your local golden retriever rescue they may be able to help the poor dog...